January 22nd marks the 45th anniversary of what I consider to be the most dreadful Supreme Court decision in U.S. history. Since 1973, it has directly resulted in the deaths of nearly 60 million unborn children. For that reason, I would like to encourage everyone to consider how well you are able to defend the pro-life view — not in anger, but with an equal mix of truth and grace. If you’re anything like me, you could always improve your game and I would like to offer you help in doing so.
The links below are to two invaluable books that will equip you to make the case for the pro-life view in an easy-to-understand, very relatable way. One (The Case For Life), is for anyone. The other (Stand For Life) is intended specifically for high school and college age students. Both are the work of my friend, Scott Klusendorf, who is probably the most effective pro-life apologist in the country. You can order them directly from Amazon.com at the links at the bottom of this post.
If you live in the Cincinnati area, I will be conducting a pro-life training seminar at my home church on February 11, 2018. Anyone is welcome to attend.
- Is the Bible silent on the issue of abortion?
- How do we make the case for life with those who don’t care what the Bible says about anything?
- How do we clarify what we mean by moral reasoning?
- What is the “One Question” that really matters in the abortion debate?
- What makes human beings valuable?
- How do we handle common objections to the pro-life view?
- What is our duty?